3/11/12

"Pilot of the Airwaves" by Charlie Dore

Tonight the Radio Dial reaches back for another record that hasn’t been played on terrestrial radio in wayyyy too long, the sublime “Pilot of the Airwaves” by one-hit wonder Charlie Dore. A loving tribute to disc jockeys from top 40’s heyday, Charlie’s tune peaked at #13 on the hot 100 in the spring of 1980. I’ll always remember singing along to this when getting ready for school during first grade. Even back then, I felt the genuine respect toward the radio personality coming through in her lovely lyrics, and as I got older, I came to fully understand how a great deejay can truly connect with you in a way only a friend can.

“Pilot of the airwaves… here is my request… you don’t have to play it, but I hope you’ll do your best… I’ve been listening to your show on the radio… and you seem like a friend to me.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

"Home by the Sea" by Genesis

   “ Creeping up the blind side...shinning up the wall.. stealing through the dark of night. ”    Welcome back to Kyle's Radio Dial, fr...