3/11/12

"Moment of Truth" by Whitney Houston

When I heard that Ms. Houston had passed, I immediately thought of that fresh-faced young girl with the oversized bow in her hair from the quintessentially ‘80s “How Will I Know” video. To me, Whitney will forever be that lovely young woman with the amazing voice and beautiful smile that recorded some of the best r&b pop tunes of my high school years. 

So, in tribute, the Radio Dial tunes into a true rarity, 1987’s “Moment of Truth”. Featured as the B-side to her #1 single “I Wanna Dance With Somebody Who Loves Me”, the song at least received modest airplay in the Washington DC market (where I’m from), but never became a big hit in its own right. It should have been a runaway smash.

Thank you for your music, and I wish you peace in the next life, Whitney.

“Let out your feelings tonight… Cause oh, I know that I want you… It's all up to me and you… And the moment of truth”


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Home by the Sea" by Genesis

   “ Creeping up the blind side...shinning up the wall.. stealing through the dark of night. ”    Welcome back to Kyle's Radio Dial, fr...