5/20/12

"Inside And Out" by Feist

Hello listeners, and thanks for tuning in! Tonight, the Radio Dial beams a truly tasty track to your speakers, and in addition, your music loving minds… Feist’s 2004 single “Inside And Out”.

Leslie Feist has been recording indie folk rock since 1999 both as a soloist (under the singular name of “Feist”), and as part of the Toronto based rock collective Broken Social Scene. Her smooth, jazzy treatment of the Bee Gees’ tale of unconditional and aggressive love, taken from her Let it Die LP, features prominent saxophone work from Frédéric Coudere, and an innovative music video chronicling Feist’s progression through the buildings and streets of a major city, as seen through the development of individual still photographs.

Astonishingly, the only chart this great cover appeared on was the UK Top #100, where it managed a lowly #83 in 2005. She is, however, no stranger to the American charts, as two years later, her track “1234” peaked at US #8, which is, to date, her only Top 40 single in the states.

Recently, as I was perusing cover tunes and samples on www.whosampled.com, I located Feist’s re-titled version of The Brothers Gibb’s 1979 chart topper “Love You Inside Out”. As the Bee Gees were my favorite group of the late 70s, I decided to give Feist’s rendition a spin, and I instantly fell in love with this modern treatment of a classic pop song.

You're the reason for my laughter and my sorrow… Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow. No man on earth can stand between my lovin' arms… And no matter how you hurt me, I will love you till I die…”




No comments:

Post a Comment

"Home by the Sea" by Genesis

   “ Creeping up the blind side...shinning up the wall.. stealing through the dark of night. ”    Welcome back to Kyle's Radio Dial, fr...